Kit list & check list
Basic Kit List - Required for all courses:
Sharp Knife 3-5" non-folding blade
Sleeping bag and ground insulating mat
Tent and ground sheet or equivalent Shelter (bivouac)
Cooking stove, pans and food for the weekend.
Eating utensils: Knife, fork, spoon, cup, plate
Note book and pens
Changes of clothing cold and warm weather
Warm outer gear and rain gear
Waterproof foot wear
Washing kit and towel (biodegradable soap only please) Swimming costume
Torch and extra batteries
Water bottle (an empty litre water bottle is fine)
Folding chair, lockable hand saw, small axe, 10 meters of nylon 'para' cord, small first aid kit.
Musical instrument, snack food, seat or cushion.
We recommend that you bring old clothes as they may get dirty. Clothing should be comfortable and hard wearing Wearing a number of layers increases insulation.
Wool is particularly effective as it will keep you warm even when wet. Clothing of natural colours decreases visibility, as does patterned and textured clothing. Gore-tex socks are a cheap way of turning any shoes waterproof, "seal skins" are the best currently available.
Old trainers, walking boots or Wellington's are fine. We have suitable knives we can lend to participants.
Workshop check list
* An evening meal will be provided on Friday (the arrival day) otherwise please bring your own food. Please let us know if you are vegetarian or have other food issues for this meal. Time will be put aside to prepare food and an open fire will be available with some gas rings if needed. (We often pool resources for the evening meal on Saturday evening ) We will provide tea, coffee and milk and hot water.
* With the Tribal Living camp, participants can either be self-catering or order meals for an additional cost.
* Let us know when you book if you have any food allergies of special food requirements and we will try to accommodate you.
* Please book well in advance as places fill up on a first come first served basis and we can forward site location information in good time.
* It is important that participants arrive during the times stated for each course. You may miss part of the course if you arrive late.
* The standard arrival time for the intensive weekend courses is between 12pm and 2pm on the first day. This allows you time to set up your tent etc.
* Please check the arrival information you will be sent for the different courses as starting times may vary. Please let us know if you have any difficulty arriving between these times.
* You must let us know at least a week in advance if you want to be picked up from a local station.
* If you are travelling a long distance to the course you may be able to arrive and set up the day before, this must be agreed before hand and incurs an extra charge.
* Concessionary rates for any course have to be discussed prior to arrival. There is space for limited numbers of concessionary places, though you may be asked to give time and assistance in exchange.
* If you are arriving by car and you have room for others let us know when booking. We will then pass on your phone number to other participants in your area, to contact you directly. We ask passengers to contribute to fuel costs if possible.
* To book: fill out the booking form and email it to email@example.com we will then send you bank details for you to pay the non refundable deposit of 1/3 rd of the course fee or the course fee in full. Full course fees need to reach us 1 month prior to course commencement.
* For inquiries call 07801492482 in office hours only.